Reflections on 2013
As the year draws to a close I think that like most people, I become a bit reflective and look back upon what has happened during the last twelve months as we bid farewell to yet another year…
2013 saw two family weddings, one selling of a house and a long awaited second Anchorman film!
A couple of things I learnt this year;
- · All of my coat pockets are full of dog poop bags, unused of course. Guess it’s one of the side effects of being a besotted dog owner!!
- · Yellow never was and never will be my colour, it makes me even paler if that’s even possible!
- · Blondes seem to have more fun, so far anyway…
- · You can never have too many shoes. I have pairs I’ve never even worn but continue to hold on to, waiting for that fabled event that they will just be perfect for.
- · Despite growing another year older, I feel I’ve regressed further in to childlike ways. My Disney DVD collection grew, my adult sensibilities did not. Peter Pan had the right idea; I’d love to never grow up!
- · Forging your own path can be tough. 2013 was the year I decided to dedicate my life to my writing and it can lonely, frustrating, stressful and manic but ultimately, I’ve never been happier.
On the topic of my writing, I’ve managed to accomplish a lot this year but know that 2014 is going to be an even bigger year for me! This year I;
- · Wrote six novels in my capacity as a freelance ghost writer
- · Wrote two novels of my own, one a sequel to my very first novel, the second a historical romance novel
- · My second book, Sunkissed, was published in August
- · I’ve signed with a large publishing company and will be releasing two more books next year
And upon looking ahead to 2014, as mentioned, I will be releasing numerous novels including politic thriller Prime Deception as well as looking to write and complete sequels to Sunkissed and another YA novel I’ve written, along with starting a new YA series all together.
So it looks set to be a very busy year! Outside of my writing I will be moving house and going to see Maroon 5, Backstreet Boys (with Kevin!!) and Justin Timberlake in concert throughout the year!
There is so much to look forward to! So with December, and of course both Christmas and my birthday, I can begin to wind down and enjoy all the trimmings of the season!
To all my friends and readers, I wish you all a truly fabulous Christmas and New Year! I hope you get everything you wished for and find that someone special beneath the mistletoe…xoxo
P.S if Santa was wondering what to bring me this year, my wish list never changes, all I want for Christmas is one Leonardo DiCaprio! ; P